- All laptop computers
- Shop laptops by type- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Shop laptops by brand- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Refurbished laptops- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Laptop accessories- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Printers & supplies- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Refurbished laptops by type- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Refurbished laptops by brand- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Dell refurbished laptops
- HP refurbished laptops
- Lenovo refurbished laptops
- Alienware refurbished laptops
- Acer refurbished laptops
- Surface refurbished laptops
- Samsung refurbished laptops
- ASUS refurbished laptops
- HP Omen refurbished laptops
- EVOO refurbished laptops
Harness the power of mobile computing with the right laptop
Whether your job requires you to access a computer away from your desk or you're someone who likes the convenience to move around your home and access the Internet, a laptop computer is the ideal device for you. There are many options available when it comes to laptops, and you can choose the screen size, operating system, processor and hard drive size to customize your device to meet your needs. At DX Fair Mall, you can find a wide assortment of laptops at everyday low prices, so no matter which one you choose, you can count on saving money on your purchase.
What type of laptop should I buy?
When deciding to purchase a laptop, consider what type of laptop you need and whether you want a brand new one or a refurbished one. One initial consideration is screen size, which typically ranges between 11 and 18 inches. There are several types available; decide which platform you want, then style of laptop.
- Apple laptops: Apple laptops, known as MacBooks, operate the same way the PC laptops work. Some of the amenities may be slightly different, but the major difference is the operating system. PC laptops typically run on Windows operating systems while MacBooks use Apple's proprietary operating systems. The screen size, hard drive space, processor speed and other selling points are virtually similar to PC laptops, it just comes down to the look and functionality of the operating system you prefer.
- Two-in-one laptops: These devices can either work as a laptop on one mode or as a tablet when the screen is detached from the keyboard or bent back 360 degrees in the other mode. If you want your device to be a laptop first and tablet second, choose the kind that turns 360 degrees; if a tablet is your primary focus, then choose a detachable touchscreen device.
- Touchscreen laptops: You don't have to have your laptop become a tablet to use touchscreen capability; there are laptops that feature built-in touchscreens. These work with a keyboard as well, so you have either option at your disposal.
- Ultrabooks and Chromebooks: These are lightweight laptops on the entry-level end of laptop computing. They usually have limited battery life and storage space but otherwise operate like other laptops. They sometimes lack extra features like disc drives. Very similar to ultrabooks are Chromebooks. Like ultrabooks, Chromebooks are lightweight laptops with minimalist features. The main difference is that they run on ChromeOS instead of Windows.
- Gaming laptops: Gaming laptops are powerful laptops that have a great deal of random-access memory, larger storage drives, faster processors, and more powerful graphics cards, making them suitable for high-end computing needs, such as the processing speeds you need when you're playing video games.
If you're looking for a new laptop or desktop computer but don't know where to start, check out our PC and laptop finder guide. You'll be able to find the laptop or tablet that best fits your needs from popular brands like HP, Acer, Lenovo, and ASUS.
What are some useful laptop accessories?
To enjoy all of the benefits your laptop has to offer, here are some useful accessories:
- Hard drives, storage, and usb flash drives: If you're not in the market for a new laptop but want to increase your hard drive or storage space, buying a replacement laptop hard drive can be a good solution. These can increase your hard drive space by 500GB to as much as 6TB. Make sure that the replacement hard drive is compatible with your device and have it professionally installed if necessary. Another option is to choose a portable hard drive, which connects to your laptop via a USB port and allows you to store up to 16TB of data, whether that's movies, photos, or music.
- Batteries and A/C adapters: Anyone who's worked with a laptop computer knows that the batteries don't always have much juice in them, especially as they age. Having a secondary or backup battery makes it possible to keep working without having to plug your laptop into an electrical socket. You can also increase your battery power with a larger battery. A/C adapters allow you to both power your computer and recharge your battery at the same time. Buy an adapter suitable for your brand and model of laptop.
- Audio and video components: Although laptop computers have built-in speakers, headphones typically provide higher-quality sound. However, if you prefer, there are computer speakers that you can connect to your laptop and improve the sound it delivers immensely. These are smaller than even PC audio speakers and connect through your laptop's USB ports. If your laptop doesn't have a built-in webcam, you can add one that you can attach to the top of your laptop's screen. Do you work in design or just want a bigger field of vision? Attach a monitor to your laptop for the portability of a laptop with the screen of a desktop.
- Cases and bags: Protect your laptop when it's not in use with a laptop bag, sleeve, or case. These are designed to shield your laptop from harm from moisture and damage from falls. Some have slim profiles, while others have room for accessories like extra batteries, speakers, and power cords.
Don't forget to check out the selection of routers to get you hooked up to the Internet, printers to print out your work, and office desks so you'll have a place to work.